Thursday, June 10, 2021

Why you get Zoom fatigue, and how to fix it

I have been fascinated by the changes to my own work practices and relationships thanks to the emergence of Zoom as a more standard communication technique and social norm for business calls. Sure, we have had access to video calling for ages, and I have used it in the past to chat with grandparents and even for a feature or two when I couldn't manage to make a site visit in person. But the pandemic really thrust video conference into the mainstream. For me, that's been great (I talk to many people I have never met every week; seeing them, instead of just hearing them adds a really valuable layer of information to my work, and helps to establish a bond of trust more quickly). For others... not so great. 

Here are some thoughts and interviews on the topic! The promise and perils of life lived online, for Knowable Magazine.

https://knowablemagazine.org/article/technology/2021/the-promise-and-perils-life-lived-online

No comments:

Post a Comment