Friday, June 18, 2021

Science sells NFTs

'Non fungible tokens' are the latest, greatest, collectible digital equivalents of baseball cards made using crypto-technology. Now science has boarded the train.

This month saw sales or auctions of NFTs for: docs relating to two Nobel Laureates from the University of Berkeley; whole genome sequencing packages; augmented reality snaps of Neil Armstrong and various satellites; the original source code for the World Wide Web being typed out; and... a promise to auction up George Church's genome.

All of this is weird, and fun, and wacky, and maybe a little bit serious too...

My story for Nature: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01642-3

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also upcoming NFT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. devil horn beanie

    ReplyDelete