Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Farewell SAPIENS, Hello Knowable

This week I bid farewell to SAPIENS magazine, where I worked for 5 years as a freelance developmental editor. Over those 5 years I edited more than 200 essays and OpEds written by academics, and wrote more than 20 news and features articles for the magazine. More importantly, I gained a much more nuanced understanding of what anthropology is and what anthropologists do, and, thanks to the outstanding editorial team, learned so much about writing and editing with an eye to diversity and equity goals and sensitivity of language. It was an amazing ride.

Also this week I am stepping into a contract position editing comment pieces for Knowable magazine, a production from Annual Reviews that has been publishing journalism since 2017 and OpEds for the last year. This will give me a chance to edit pieces on a much greater diversity of topics, across all fields of science. Looking forward to it!

Meanwhile I continue to write for Nature, New Scientist, Yale E360, Hakai magazine and more, and edit for Nature and Yale. Happy and thankful this year for a full plate, loaded with fascinating stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment